Monday, July 4, 2011

Our Home


We have been in our new home for 2 1/2 weeks now. It truly feels like where we belong, and I have resolved to never take this blessing for granted. While this home suits our immediate and future needs and desires for growing our family, it is obviously not a mansion, but it is truly everything we could hope for. While I am obviously very fond of this house, I have also resolved to take good care of it but not pour my heart into it. I want to treat it as a place where people can gather, where I can show hospitality and share memories with extended family, friends, and even strangers. I want to hold our home loosely in my hands, palms facing up so that the Lord can do as He pleases. While this is not a "dream home" to most people, it is perfect for my family.

These photos are from the original listing, and I will maybe put more up as we continue to get settled and decorate to our own taste. Feel free to invite yourself over anytime! We love company, and we are greatly enjoying the proximity to our friends!







2 comments:

Jen said...

Oh my goodness, Shannon!! I LOVE THIS HOUSE!!!! It's perfect!! I'm envious right now... :) THANKS for sharing it with us! I look forward to seeing how you decorate to your liking. :)

Chrissy said...

I love your new house...but I love the people in it even more. Can't wait to come over more often!