Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Tick Tock

Every day, I wake up amazed that I've gone this long being pregnant. And I wonder what the baby is waiting for. Is he/she waiting for the excessive heat wave to pass... with heat indexes in the 110-115 F range? Or maybe it knows that my best friend Emily's daughter, Carli, is sick and the baby wants Emily to be there like we originally planned? Now Sawyer is sick, he was up in the night a few times... shaking with pain from diarrhea :( ... what a good baby sibling to let him have all my attention. Maybe the baby is waiting for our friends, the Timms, to be back from their vacation in Canada?

Well I doubt the baby knows any of these things are going on. Except maybe it hears that Sawyer has been crying a lot and feels him sitting on its "womb hut" since Sawyer has been wanting more snuggle time.

I went to the doctor right away yesterday morning. I was dilated to a tight 4 cm and effaced 80%. Baby was very high, just like Sawyer was. I guess my body wasn't designed for a baby to drop. The doctor took some measurements via ultrasound, and estimated the baby to be right around 8 pounds. I am still planning to deliver with a midwife, but she wasn't available yesterday. It was nice to be able to have those measurements done for my peace of mind, at least. But she said she thought I was in the early stages of labor, and I thought that, too. Well, it's 24 hours later and I'm not feeling much going on anymore.

It is getting more challenging to wait. I have another appointment tomorrow with my midwife. If you are reading this, please pray that I don't make it to my appointment... and that I see her at the birthing center instead.

No comments: