Saturday, July 16, 2011

While We Wait


So here are some photos of what we've been up to in the past few weeks while we wait for our brand new family member. I have my moments where I am tired of waiting, but then I remember the work ahead of me in childbirth and beyond. That makes me just enjoy the moment we're in... and it's a very sweet time in our lives!


I had to get a photo of Sawyer and I rocking with him on top of his baby sibling.


Our backyard... after our first date night in 3+months (and last one for awhile!).


Playing downstairs.



Busy with photo ops in front of our home :)



At the beach - less than a mile from our house!



Busy feeding the pig and playing with the dogs... we also inherited 2 horses.


Spending time with friends - we've had lots of opportunities for that. We love having "real life" friends since we live close to town now!

Getting ready for a dip in the pool.


Spending time outside on the covered deck during a thunderstorm. (Sawyer enjoyed growling back whenever it thundered)


Cleaning!

I had an appointment with my midwife a few days ago. My fingers and toes are a bit swollen, but overall she was pleased that my ankles, face, etc. have not retained fluid. My blood pressure was good, baby's heart beat is strong and within the normal range (I think it was 148 bpm). Today I am 41 weeks and 4 days pregnant. My midwife does not feel that baby is getting too big or that there is a reason to discuss induction at this point. I am praying that my water will break on its own so I know I'm in labor, and that I will be able to deliver this baby by water birth. I hope I can have more control this time in managing my pain. The last time I was in labor, I just laid on my side all day, completely inside myself with pain. But I did it without any pain medication, so I know I can do that again this time.

Ryley and I were discussing the details of my birth plan the other day. We compared our perspectives of Sawyer's birth, and I gave him tips on how he can support and encourage me this time since I am not brand new at it. This discussion occurred while I was giving him a haircut. He was about 2 months overdue... it looked like he was aspiring for a mullet. There was a pause in conversation as I finished up the back and sides with the electric clippers. Then he said, "All I know is I sure hope you don't go into labor while I have this half-haircut." I laughed so hard that I thought my water broke, and I had to go inside to make sure.

The other night when I was saying, "When... WHEN will this baby be born?" and we were talking about how people keep asking us, Ryley decided he was going to start saying, "We're trying for the New Year's baby... I heard you can get free diapers and stuff."

We have been in our new house for 1 month today. So there is not a shortage of projects to keep me busy while I wait for the baby. I did wash up some clothes, set up the bassinet, and pack my hospital bag. So today's project is starting to catch up on the accounting and paper work for Ryley's businesses, which has been neglected for the past 2 months because of moving.

Ryley has been busy with his agriculture businesses, as usual. His crops were looking great with all the warm weather and consistent rains. Then we had a storm come through earlier this week with some very strong winds, and Ryley ended up losing some of his corn crop. Snapped the corn stalks right off. Usually with a strong wind, the corn will get bent and there is a production loss. He was disappointed, but he knows by now that God will always take care of us. Five summers of growing his own crops and the stress it involves... he is learning to trust God's plan more every year, and for that I am grateful. In other agri-business news, his uncle is on his way to Arizona for the first of two trips to pick up two balers that Ryley has purchased. Ryley has been looking for a particular baler for a few years now, and his dad happened to find two that had been repossessed. I know he's very excited to finally have one... I mean TWO! So he will potentially keep both and do some custom baling, or he will look at reselling one of them.

I have recently been introduced to a product that I am so excited about, so I am also thinking about becoming a representative for that product. I don't have big dreams to make a pile of money selling this stuff, but I am passionate about it and if nothing else I'll get a discount on what I use. Putting that off, though, until after we get settled into a routine as a family of four. More on that in the future!

Sawyer has been busy making us laugh and being a little clingy. His Grandma Deb said last night that she thinks he knows there's a change coming. He has become a bit demanding, but we are learning to discipline him consistently and while he continues to test us, he is usually compliant. His vocabulary is expanding every day, and he chatters quite a bit about things. If we can't understand him, we encourage him to explain it again or else we just play along. He loves to talk about cows and tell us about how they say moo. He talks a lot about his doggies, and he really loves being outside with them, too. He loves corn on the cob... just like his mama. Ryley hasn't been eating corn on the cob when I make it for supper anymore... I think he just likes to sit back and watch Sawyer and me devour it while he makes fun of us.

Anyway, that's what we've been up to. Loving life and marveling at how God has blessed us... which is so easy when life is going great. I am just praying that we will feel just as strongly when we go through another valley in life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it! You look so adorable! I am so excited for you and your birth experience this time around! I have been absolutely obsessed with my birth outlook and cannot get enough of books, stories and videos to satisfy me! :P After doing this 4 times already, you wouldn't think there would be much else to learn! LOL! Praying your birth is all that you desire! :)

Jen said...

You're lookin' great and you seem to be doing a GREAT job with allowing the baby to just keep cooking! :) I look forward to hearing of the little one's arrival and of Sawyer's reaction to him/her. I sure am thinking of you with all of these changes! Thanks for being so good about keeping us up-to-date, too. I'm praying for good days ahead for you!! :)