Saturday, September 17, 2011

Joy








It has been a disappointing week for us when it comes to business. The biggest disappointment came when the overnight low dropped below freezing, which obviously is not good for our crops. Which is worse than not good. I'll skip the depressing details.

I'm grateful that Ryley can delight in his son when he comes home from a disappointing week at work. The burden he feels to provide is heavier since we have children now. But I think his heart is lighter when he sees them smile. I feel so blessed that while all of Ryley's hard work this year may not pay off to the extent he had hoped, he will not let that steal his joy. And I am so glad my husband can recognize his many blessings and give thanks to the Lord in the midst of business ventures looking poor.

And of course, I'm grateful for the little boy who can make my husband's worry disappear with a flash of his smile.

No comments: