Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Disappointment

So this week I've been disappointed by a number of people, and I'm feeling fairly let down. It's been sort of a theme in my life. For example, our wedding that one would expect all your close friends and family would do their best to attend.....well, it just didn't turn out that way. It leaves a person feeling rejected and even disposable.

I find it really difficult not to hold a grudge when someone has a ridiculous excuse about why they let you down or didn't show up to an important day or don't know if they will be able to make it. I guess I just end up finding out where people's priorities really lie.

Then I remember that there is only ONE who will NEVER let me down. One True God who has always and will always be there. I have stupid excuses and reasons why I let Him down all the time, and still He loves me so much. No matter how much I fail. If you just sit down and really think about it, it's absolutely amazing. And I'd rather have my Creator always on my side than anyone else anyway.

No comments: