We learned that his digestive system isn't really ready for it, either. But we enjoyed the experience all the same.
Saturday, March 13, 2010
Cereal...A Photo Documentary
A few days ago, right after I posted "Shrimps and Pineapple," we tried rice cereal. He seemed so eager to eat and I thought we'd give it a try. I wasn't planning to think about solids before 6 months, as all my books recommend, but being a first time mom I was a little eager. He seemed to really enjoy it, as you can see in the photos below...but after I checked out a website that my blogger friend, Kureen recommended, (thanks Kureen!) I decided to hold off. And next time, we won't do cereal...but rather other foods that have nutritional value.
We learned that his digestive system isn't really ready for it, either. But we enjoyed the experience all the same.

We learned that his digestive system isn't really ready for it, either. But we enjoyed the experience all the same.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
He is just so cute when the spoon is coming towards him! Such excitement! I couldn't wait with my first either and she got sweet pototoes at 5 and a half months! So fun and so messy! Frozen blueberries at around 10 months when they are teething are the best as well! Just let them sit out for a couple minutes so they aren't rock hard. My kids ate so many blueberries for years that I had to buy the frozen bags at Costco! Nothing like getting them hooked on the super nutrious food!
so cute! I agree with waiting and not even bothering with the cereal. That is what we did with Klara. Toby is a little different. Doc recommended we try some cereal for his reflux since he is maxxed on his meds and not helping completely. It is helping alot which really stinks cause I don't like doing it so young. Dilemma ...
Post a Comment