Sawyer had a rough week...his first cold. There were a few days where he was inconsolable, and a few restless nights, which we are not used to. He had an appointment today, but no shots. The doctor thought it was best to skip them since Sawyer wasn't feeling the greatest. Dr. Hegstad thinks he has RSV. His fever seems to have broken now, and he's in better spirits, which we are grateful for. At 4 months old, Sawyer is on the small side for weight...12 pounds 14 ounces, 25 1/2". Long and lean.
His legs are very strong, and he loves to stand in papa's lap and watch TV. He'll stand there for 15 minute intervals. He's been rolling over from his back to stomach for a month now, and started rolling from his stomach to his back about 10 days ago. Which is nice...he hasn't mastered the stomach to back yet though, so on occasion I have to help him flip to his back since he gets very angry if he's on his stomach for too long.
He continues to be very fond of his puppy, Macy. The two days where he was miserable, the only smiles he flashed were for her.
Other things he enjoys include putting everything in his mouth, holding our faces in his hands, and talking. He gets very happy when his papa comes home from work, and they usually have a silly song and dance time together in the evening. He likes to kick and splash during bath times.
He continues to be a very happy boy and is still on the same sleep schedule...8 hours, semi-awake to eat, then another 2-3 hours. Much to the dismay of our dogs, Sawyer still sleeps in our bedroom and they do not. It won't be long until he outgrows his bassinet, and so we will likely move the crib into our room. He mostly sleeps on his tummy at night and sleeps in our bed part of the time...I know, I'm just asking for criticism, right? But I've always been a situational person, and we as parents are just doing what's right for us. I love being Sawyer's mama.
2 comments:
Wow...wow...wow. He's so big! I love hearing your descriptive words about him. He is precious. I love him and his momma!
Poor Saywer!! Levi feels his pain though! We're sooo thankful he's getting better, Levi had RSV and we spent 5 days in St. Cloud hospital. We're so thankful you are doing better!! Shannon, I never left a comment on your one post, but I do enjoy reading your blog and try to keep up with you guys! Hopefully when everyone's better and the sickness season is over Saywer and Levi could meet and have some play time together.
Bethany Preston
Post a Comment