Wednesday, February 4, 2009

FINALLY telling my in-laws...

We are getting ready to share our plans to start a family with Ryley's parents tonight! I'm very excited and nervous, all at the same time. I have left the timing of this announcement up to Ryley, and now it's finally here. They at least have some indication of our desire to adopt, as it has been mentioned before, but they have no knowledge that we are actually moving forward.

After we tell them, I feel like we can share this news with the "general public." Although, I struggle on how private we should be...especially since this will be a long road ahead and it seems almost trivial to share something that will (hopefully) happen two years from now. But I dream of this child every day, so it's all very real to me.

I look forward to sharing the country program we have applied to soon, along with all the details. Although I still haven't shared this blog with very many people...

2 comments:

Three Northern Stars said...

Shannon - I hope the big announcement went well. When we made ours to both sets of parents we didn't get the reaction we were hoping for but it has changed some since then. Looking forward to your country announcement! Hope all is well.
Robin

Kam said...

Hi Shannon! I saw that you added yourself as a follower to our blog and wanted to drop by and say hello. I will pray for you as you begin this most difficult but worthy journey of adoption. Get ready! It's a tough one but so worth it. Already, for us, it is worth it! Can't wait to hear more about you and the country you have chosen in the days ahead!
Kam~