And if you're wondering what an I-800A is: it is an application for determination of suitability to adopt a child from a different country. The particular country we are applying to adopt from, according to our agency's country program specialist, requires by law that this application be approved in the U.S. before we can submit our dossier to that country. And so...word on the street is that our I-800A will take 3-4 months to be processed. Once approved, we will send our dossier to the country and hopefully be accepted to their list of waiting families. And then the wait for a referral begins. Our agency estimates 9-12 months for a referral (after we are on the official waiting list), and then 5-8 months after we accept a referral until the child is ready to travel. So we are being conservative and going with the longest scenario, planning on a 2 year wait. Of course, international adoption is unpredictable, and we aren't even on a waiting list yet, so this is why I am not ready to put on our blog which country we believe our child is from. Many of you know, anyway.
In the meantime, I wake up each morning with a longing in my heart for this child who I pray unceasingly for. The idea of waiting for 2 years gets me down sometimes. But then, I just ask God to pour out his Spirit on my life and heart, and that He will use me. God always meets me where I'm at...whether it be through Scripture, loving words from my husband, or encouragement through new "blog friends" who are somewhere in their adoption journey. And as for the God using me part...more on that in a different post, as I really want to share what the Lord is doing in my life.
So, while we wait...here's some doggy pictures from the last month.
Macy, Maddy, and me. We are champion snugglers.
And so, we settle in for another work week. Walleye fishing season ends today, so we are about to head out to the ice shack for one last hurrah. Then my dad will be making his way over here at the end of the week for a guys' weekend...the boys will be heading to South Dakota to do some more ice fishing. I think Ryley will enjoy his fishing time without his girls bugging him...but I know he'll miss us. I'm so thankful that Ryley and my dad are good friends.
3 comments:
These dog pictures are priceless! I love how sweet they are together. Dale is very handsome. Ethel would probably have a crush on him. She might even share her Frosty with him... might. ;)
Dale...my dale friend. hmmm...I loved him.
Two years seems long, but God is faithful always!
Miss you guys...and love you lots!
Chrissy
Hi friend! Hang in there! Maybe things will move faster than they appear! They sure have for us! I will pray for you and ask God for increasing FAVOR on your behalf!
Love and hugs for you today~
ps. love the doggie pix
Post a Comment