Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Waiting on God

We are waiting on God to give us clear direction in our adoption journey. We have been praying, discussing, and listening. It's frustrating, but I am confident that God will light our path. That at the end of this path, we will meet our precious firstborn, and this child will be who God has planned for us, and we will be blessed.

For those wondering about where we're at in the process. Our first adoption study meeting is this Thursday, January 8th at the agency. We will be staying overnight in the Twin Cities to catch our plane on Friday morning for a vacation we have been planning for the past year. We get back to Minnesota on January 16th, and then our in-home meeting with our social worker is scheduled for Tuesday, January 20th. Exciting times! We are expecting to announce our plans to everyone soon, and hopefully be able to tell everyone the program we are applying to. After January 20th, we will be working on country program specific paperwork and documentation.

God continues to work, to provide, to surround us with reaffirmation and comfort through friends, conversations, and sweet moments together dreaming of starting a family. I continue to be amazed at how God surrounds me with His love, specifically how He provides encouragement at the exact moment I need it. There have been a few times in the past few weeks that I've broken down. When I look at the uncertainty of what's ahead, sometimes I grow impatient. The desire to be a mama wells up in my heart with each passing day...and the prospect of waiting up to 2 years to bring home our child overwhelms me. What would I do with myself for that long? The answer has come to me. I will fix my eyes on God, commit to serving wherever He calls me, and trust in His timing.

Oh, and maybe get another puppy or kitty to occupy my maternal instincts...and enjoy my friend's children.

Hebrews 12:1 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shannon, I'm so excited for what God has in store for you guys! I had so much FUN eating Thai food with you last night and hearing about your life! Love you guys...hope you're having fun in Jamaica. Chrissy