So if you know Sawyer, you know the boy loves his food. We haven't found much he doesn't like. Only 3 things: peas, avocado, and apricot. I've been told that I need to take a video of when we feed him with a spoon; anyone who has witnessed it says "I've never seen a baby eat like that!" Because as soon as you take the spoon out of his mouth, it's wide open again for the next bite. Which is nice, because it's not as messy.
Anyway, we have found that he is much more content when he can feed himself. On Thursday, my day at home, we started the morning with banana buckwheat pancakes (slices of banana dipped in the pancake batter...great finger food!). For lunch, I made him some steamed vegetables (sweet potato, summer squash, broccoli, and carrot) with pasta and cubes of mozzarella cheese. It was the first time he ate a whole meal that didn't include anything pureed. Here's the progression:
No comments:
Post a Comment