Saturday, February 18, 2012

Dear Sawyer Saturday



Dear Sawyer:

What a difference a year makes. You were off ice fishing with Papa and "Compa" (Grampa) today, and I was thinking about how much I love you. We don't spend much time apart these days, since I am now home full-time. While your sister was napping, I paged through a few photos of you from last winter through now. It's amazing how your sweet little face can change in just a few months... how I can look at a photo from February 2011 and you are so different, yet the same. You were a baby last year, but now you are a boy.

You are thoughtful and stubborn, sensitive and assertive. You mostly listen well and do what we ask you to do, and you are still a doting big brother. When we go to play group, you love to show your sister off. You are always so joyful and happy. Every day is full of reunions; when you see your Papa after he comes home from work, if you play downstairs for 20 minutes and then see me again, or if you see your sister after nap or a good night sleep, it's, "HIIII PA-PAA!" or "MOOOMMMM! HIII! NICE TO SEE YOU!" or "HIII MINNIE! I YOUR BRUDDER! Awwww..." and always a hug and/or kiss.














Such a handsome young man you are. You are so funny with your words. All day is "bis one," (this one) and "cayons," (for coloring, of course) and "cupsies" (reserved for your favorite cups) and "munch" (the ever-popular lunch). You love fishing, dinosaurs, and "moondies" (movies). You just recently started becoming attached to some of your animals, including your "toe-toe" (turtle) that I bought you when we went to the aquarium at the Mall of America on your 1st birthday, and your Scentsy elephant.

You are such a joy. I am not sure that I could ever explain to you the fact that I never loved fully until I met you. You are my firstborn, and there is just something special about that. My heart is full of hopes and dreams for you and your precious life. I am so glad and blessed to have you, and while I want you to always stay little, at least promise me to always be my sweet boy. Love you (aaaayooooo much), my Sawyer JD.

1 comment:

Chrissy said...

Wow...He is great....and greatly blessed to have such a momma!! Love you sweet friend!