We received our invitation to attend our required pre-adoption class on Nov. 28th! I just got off the phone with the Director of Social Work at Children's Home Society who has reviewed our application and even presented our file to the country program we are hoping for, and they both agreed that we are excellent candidates for adopting! God is so good...I've been worried about a brush with the law that occurred when I was 19, and it appears this won't be an issue for the program we are interested in. We've also been struggling with cash flow issues, as we have a lot of expenses this time of year (including taxes on Ryley's farm income). To make a long story short, I know God will provide and it will work out...it's just difficult to not be able to see how. But that's what faith is, right? His timing is perfect.
We were able to share the news of our plans to adopt with a few of our friends at Lake Community Church yesterday, and we were very blessed by that! Our dear friend, Anna, even prayed over us. I am always amazed at the power of speaking a prayer over someone. And then I was able to share an intimate conversation with Deb, who we haven't had a whole lot of time to get to know...but she is a mother that I will strive to be like. She has a deep love for her children, and anyone she comes into contact with, for that matter! Both Anna and Deb are so compassionate, and I am always reminded of who Jesus is in their presence.
Ryley was able to go ice fishing again yesterday with our friend, John. My sweet husband has had such a stressful few months, and I could tell his demeanor was more relaxed when he got home from fishing. I am very much looking forward to the harvest being done! Hopefully this week, although we are supposed to get 3-6 inches of snow in the next 24 hours.
Thanks to everyone who has been encouraging and praying for us. We are so blessed.
Deuteronomy 7:9 Know therefore that the LORD your God is God; he is the faithful God, keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commands.
1 comment:
Yahoo!!! That is SO exciting!
Love you guys!
Post a Comment